Who is Eligible for a Library Card?
Residents of Yalobusha County and others who qualify for extended service.
What You Need to Get One:
- Valid Identification: Accepted forms of identification include: a current driver’s license, school identification card, voter registration card, or other valid picture identification issued by a governmental agency, such as a passport.
- Proof of Residence: Patrons must provide documents with an in county physical address to verify residence in Yalobusha County. Documents accepted include: MS driver’s license or ID card, bank statement, utility bill, physical address verification from 911 office, letters from Social Security, Medicare or other government entities, a current pay stub, etc.
Library Cards for Minors
- A parent or guardian must assume responsibility for materials borrowed by a person under eighteen years of age
- The responsible adult must have a valid library card
- The adult must also read and sign the “Parent/Guardian Responsibility Form”
- Children must be five years of age before they are eligible to be issued a library card.
- There is a $5.00 fee to receive a replacement card should yours be lost or stolen.
- To use Yalobusha’s public access computers, individuals should have a valid library card.
- Overdue / unreturned items must be returned and all fines and fees paid before using computers.
- All Yalobusha computers have productivity software, like Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Patrons are able to print items from the computers for a fee.
- Visit or call your library branch for more information.
NEW! Librista App for iPhone and Android
- Download the free Librista app and log in with your library card number and date of birth to easily browse the online catalog, place holds, and renew materials from your mobile device
|Material Type||Loan Period||Maximum Number of item type checked out|
|Movies||2 Days||3 per individual, 6 per household|
- Borrowed materials may be renewed up to 3 times unless another patron has placed a hold on the item.
- To renew your item, visit or phone any Yalobusha County Library System location.
- Patrons may place an item on reserve by visiting or calling any Yalobusha County Library System location, or using our online catalog located at this link.
- Items will be held at the requested library for up to 3 business days.
- If the library does not have an item you need, we may be able to borrow the item from another library in the state. Ask about ILL service.
- You may request this item via “interlibrary loan” by visiting or calling any Yalobusha County branch.
- Patrons may request up to 2 interlibrary loan items at a time.
Fines and Fees
- Late book or magazine: .5¢ per day
- Late DVD: .25¢ per day
- Replacement library card: $5.00
- Lost book/DVD or other library item: purchase price of item.
- Other Fines as Applicable