Welcome to the Yalobusha County Public Library System! Yalobusha is a Native American word meaning “tadpole waters.”
LIBRARY SERVICES NOW AVAILABLE:
- Buildings are open to the public. No appointments necessary.
- Masks are required in library buildings to protect the vulnerable.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering buildings.
- Material quarantine is no longer necessary!
- Computers available by walk in or appointment.
- Curbside delivery of materials available by request. Please call ahead to request this service.
- FAX , Copy, & Print services available in buildings.
- Free Wi-Fi service is available in library parking lots from 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM daily. Passwords: Coffeeville – coflibwap#1 Oakland – oaklibwap#1
- No in-person meetings or programs will be held until further notice due to social distancing requirements.
- Click on the RESOURCES tab above to find links to more services.
ADMINISTRATIVE BOARD MEETINGS: The Administrative Board meets five times per year in January, March, May, September, and November. Board meetings are open to the public in accordance with Mississippi law. To maintain social distancing, meetings are available to the public via Zoom. For more information, contact Patty M. Bailey, Director.
- Holidays / Closings:* Libraries will be closed Thursday, November 11, for Veterans’ Day and November 25-26 for Thanksgiving. Dec. 24, Christmas; Dec. 31, New Year’s.
- Library Operating Hours:
*Coffeeville Public Library Hours: Monday 9-12 and 1-5; Tuesday, 1-5; Wednesday 1-6; Thursday 1-8; and Friday 9-12 and 1-5. PHONE: (662) 675-8822 FAX: (662) 675-2001
* Oakland Public Library Hours: Mondays 9-12 and 1-5; Wednesday 10-12 and 1-5; Fridays 9-12 and 1-4. PHONE: (662) 623-8651 FAX: (662) 623-0089
Click on the RESOURCES tab to find links to many digital services. If you have an urgent need, please call your local library during regular operating hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest virtual programs and information, please like & follow us on Facebook: Visit Facebook Page
Hoopla E-book & Audiobooks – Library patrons have access to free e-books and audiobooks through Hoopla. Visit the Hoopla website to set up your account and start borrowing for free. You must have a valid library card to access service; patrons are limited to 3 books per month. After registering, choose Yalobusha County Public Library System as your library. Website: www.hoopladigital.com
Videos by the Mississippi Library Commission!