Welcome to the Yalobusha County Public Library System! Yalobusha is a Native American word meaning “tadpole waters.”
NOTICE: Due to the current Corona Virus Pandemic, Yalobusha County Public Library System is currently closed to the public until further notice. We are offering limited services during this time to protect the health of our staff and patrons. Check out the Resources tab to find links to many digital services. If you have an urgent need, please call your local library during regular operating hours or email us at email@example.com
For the latest information, please like & follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Yalobusha-County-Public-Library-System-236899976429978/
- Free WiFi service is available in our library parking lots from 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM daily. Passwords are: Coffeeville – coflibwap#1 Oakland – oaklibwap#1
- No overdue fines will be charged for materials due while libraries are closed.
- No meetings or programs will be held until further notice.
- Click on the RESOURCES tab above to find links to many services.
Videos by the Mississippi Library Commission!
- Holidays / Closings:* Libraries will be closed April 27 and May 25 for state/ federal holidays.
- LIBRARY BOARD: The Administrative Board meets five times per year in January, March, May, September, and November. At this time, the March meeting has been canceled. Library board meetings are open to the public in accordance with state law. To be placed on the agenda for the next board meeting, contact Patty M. Bailey no later than Monday preceding the meeting.
- Library Hours:
*Coffeeville Public Library Hours: Monday 9-12 and 1-5; Tuesday, 1-5; Wednesday 1-6; Thursday 1-8; and Friday 9-12 and 1-5. PHONE: 662-675-8822
* Oakland Public Library hours: Mondays 9-12 and 1-5; Wednesday 10-12 and 1-5; Fridays 9-12 and 1-4. PHONE: 662-623-8651
NEW DIGITAL BOOK & MAGAZINE SERVICES!
Tumble Book Library – Free e-books and audio books. See links with Usernames & Passwords under RESOURCES tab. Click on the link and fill in the Username & Password provided to access and borrow e-books.
Hoopla E-book & Audiobooks – Through the Mississippi Library Commission, YCPLS library patrons have access to e-books and audiobooks through Hoopla. Visit the Hoopla website to set up your account and start borrowing for free. You must have a valid library card to access service, and patrons are limited to 3 books per month which automatically return after 21 days. After registering, choose Yalobusha County Public Library System as your library. Visit the library for written instructions. Website: www.hoopladigital.com
RB Digital Magazine Service: Library patrons have free access to over 60 digital magazines through MLC. Visit the website to set up your own account using your YCPLS library card and our library name. Once you are registered, you may borrow magazines and download them. Visit the library for written instructions. Website: mlcms.rbdigital.com