Yalobusha County Public Library System
Title: Assistant Librarian
Location: Coffeeville Public Library
Duties & Responsibilities: Perform general library duties as directed and under the supervision of the Director. Responsible for daily operation of the branch library, including, but not limited to: circulating library materials; cataloging and processing all library materials; keeping statistics; assisting patrons with reference and other transactions; providing photocopying and fax service for the public; monitoring public access computer use and assisting when necessary; sorting and shelving materials; and other duties as prescribed by the library system director. Must be able to work independently.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree from a community college or at least two (2) years of college preferred;
- At least three (3) years of customer service skills preferred;
- Preference will be given for library work experience;
- Strong computer skills with the ability to currently use Microsoft Office 2019, as well as other work-related software required;
- Must be able to work independently;
- Supervisory skills desired.
Hours / Salary: Maximum of 19.5 hours per week operating the circulation desk. Salary range $10.00 – $11.00 per hour.
Benefits: Personal Leave provided after probationary 6-month period completed; holidays as set by the State of Mississippi.
Start Date: October 1, 2019 with training TBA
To apply: Submit the following by September 16, 2019: (1.) a letter of application; (2.) a school or college transcript; (3.) a résumé; and (4.) at least three (3) references to:
Patty M. Bailey, Director
Coffeeville Public Library, P.O. Box 359, Coffeeville, MS 38922
For a copy of Job Description, contact Patty M. Bailey at (662) 675-8822 or via email to email@example.com