Welcome to the Yalobusha County Public Library System! Did you know Yalobusha is the Native American word meaning "tadpole"?
Coffeeville Public Library
Oakland Public Library
NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK April 9 - 16. Libraries transform!
* March 27 - April 29 - Photography Exhibit by Kelly Paris, Oakland Public Library
* April 10 - 29 - Photography Exhibit by Smiley Arrington III, Coffeeville Public Library
* April 11 - Library Workers' Day Luncheon, 11:00 AM, Coffeeville Public Library
* April 13 - Don Sides, author of WATER VALLEY RIFLES, 4:00 - 5:30 PM, Coffeeville Public Library
- Holidays / Closings:
* Libraries will be closed Friday, April 14, for Staff Day.
* Libraries will be closed Monday, April 24, 2017 for a State holiday.
- LIBRARY BOARD: Friday, May 19, 9:00 AM @ Oakland Public Library. Library board meetings are open to the public in accordance with state law. To be placed on the agenda for the next board meeting, contact Patty M. Bailey no later than Monday, May 15.
- Library Hours: Oakland Public Library changed library operating hours effective Feb. 1, 2015. Library hours are: Mondays 9-12 & 1-5; Wednesday 10-12 & 1-6; Fridays 9-12 & 1-5.
Programs & Events
Yalobusha County Public Library System has been awarded two (2) Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) Grants for 2017 which will purchase more new library materials.
Oakland Public Library was awarded The Children's Book Grant by The Pilcrow Foundation. Matching grant funds were provided by Booker Royal Arch in Oakland. Ninety-seven new books arrived in January 2017!
Great new books arrive weekly. ** BEST SELLERS: Looking for current best sellers? Check out one of these: ISLAND OF GLASS
by Nora Roberts; THE WHISTLER by John Grisham; CROSS THE LINE by James Patterson; A MAN CALLED OVE by Fredrik Backman; THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN by Paula Hawkins; NO MAN'S LAND by David Baldacci;TWO BY TWO by Nicholas Sparks; NIGHT SCHOOL by Lee Child; TURBO TWENTY-THREE by Janet Evanovich; THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD by Colson Whitehead.
**BOOKS TO MOVIES! Check out some of these books which will be movies this year: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J. K. Rowling (Nov. 18); The Shack by William Young (March 3). For children / youth, A Wrinkle in Time, Book 1 by Madeline L'Engle (July 2017). Don't wait for the movie! Read the book. It's always better.