Welcome to the Yalobusha County Public Library System! Did you know Yalobusha is the Native American word meaning "tadpole"?
Coffeeville Public Library
Oakland Public Library
SUMMER PROGRAMS "Build A Better World"
* June 5, 12, 19, 26: Summer Library Program for elementary ages every Monday in June at 1:30 PM, Coffeeville Public Library.
* June 5, 12, 19, 26: Preschool Story Time for preschoolers every Monday in June at 3:00 PM, Coffeeville Public Library.
* June 7, 14, & July 12 - SLP @ Oakland Public Library, 3:00 PM
* July 6,13,20,27 - Thrilling Thursday programs for elem. - jr. high, 4:00 PM @ Coffeeville Public Library.
* SUMMER BOOK GIVEAWAY - children ages 3 - 12 may win 1 free book for every 20 they read June 12 - July 28.
* JENGA Day! - Libraries will host Jenga Day weekly in each library. All ages are invited to visit the library and play JENGA!
- Holidays / Closings:
* Libraries will be closed Monday, July 3, and Tuesday, July 4, for Independence Day.
- LIBRARY BOARD: Friday, Sept. 15, 9:00 AM @ Coffeeville Public Library. Library board meetings are open to the public in accordance with state law. To be placed on the agenda for the next board meeting, contact Patty M. Bailey no later than Monday, September 11.
- Library Hours: Oakland Public Library changed library operating hours effective Feb. 1, 2015. Library hours are: Mondays 9-12 & 1-5; Wednesday 10-12 & 1-6; Fridays 9-12 & 1-5.
Programs & Events
Yalobusha County Public Library System has been awarded two (2) Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) Grants for 2018 which will purchase more new library materials.
* Coffeeville Public Library was one of four public libraries chosen to receive a set of books courtesy of the “Diversity Books for Mississippi Libraries Project”. The State Friends will provide a collection of 10 books that highlight diversity to these Mississippi public libraries with supporting Friends of the Library groups.
Great new books arrive weekly. ** BEST SELLERS: Looking for current best sellers? Check out one of these: Camino Island by John Grisham, Come Sundown by Norah Roberts, The Fix by David Baldacci, Into the Water by Paula Hawkins, Same Beach Next Year by Dorothea Benton Frank, 16th Seduction by James Patterson, and Testimony by Scott Turow.
**BOOKS TO MOVIES! Don't wait for the movie! Read the book. It's always better.